The Wellington County Historical Society is pleased to announce our 2017 Writing Contest. This year's topic is Canada's 150th -- What it Means to Me.
Is it pioneers, clothing style changes, progression of farming practices, evolution of forest to cities, decades of various government leaders, entertainment, how money has changed, diversity of a population, memories of 1967, or stories your grandpa used to tell you about the “good ol’ days”? What does Canada’s 150th conjure up in your mind? Tell us your story.
- the competition is open to all ages in both youth and adult categories
- your story should be 500 – 2000 words in length
- typed double spaced submissions are preferred but handwritten is acceptable
- include your name, full address, telephone number and email address on a separate sheet
- all entries become the property of the Wellington County Historical Society and will be stored at the Wellington County Archives (and on-line) for all to enjoy
- winners will be announced at the Annual General Meeting on June 5th, 2017 at which time cash awards will be presented in both youth and adult categories
For information phone: (519) 546-3450
Deadline for receipt of entries: April 15th, 2017
email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
2017 Writing Contest
Wellington County Historical Society
P.O. Box 5, Fergus Ont. N1M 2W7